The Travellers Best

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Travellers Best
The Travellers Best
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Skye
Skye
Admin
https://thetravellerest-com.forumotion.com

Strawberry Oats Coconut Chia Smoothie Empty Strawberry Oats Coconut Chia Smoothie

Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:00 pm
Strawberry Oats Coconut Chia Smoothie F8e36310

Strawberry Oats Coconut Chia Smoothie from Best 100 Smoothies for Kids
Makes 4 (8-Ounce) Servings

Oats are a great addition to a morning smoothie, as they keep the kids full for longer. Some people swear by grinding the oats beforehand so that they will blend in better, but I don’t usually have the time to take that extra step, and for the most part my kids don’t mind the extra texture. But if texture is an issue with your kids, run the oats in your blender until they are powdery before adding the other ingredients.

Ingredients

2 cups coconut milk beverage (see note below)
2 cups frozen strawberries
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey

Directions

1. Pour the coconut milk into a blender. Add the strawberries, oats, chia seeds, and sweetener.

2. Blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
Note: Coconut Milk Beverage

I use the coconut milk beverage that’s sold in shelf-stable boxes—not full-fat, canned coconut milk. The coconut milk beverage is thinner and easier to incorporate into a smoothie than the canned coconut milk. Coconut milk is lower in protein and calcium than cow’s milk, but it is also lower in calories. It does have a light coconut flavor that will be recognizable in some smoothies, so keep that in mind if you are substituting it for cow’s milk. Read the label to make sure that the product contains only coconut milk and filtered water. Do not substitute coconut water for coconut milk beverage in the smoothie recipes.

Strawberry Oats Coconut Chia Smoothie 2d1twzs-jpg

Always use latest version of winRAR for avoiding decompress & extraction errors

Strawberry Oats Coconut Chia Smoothie Skye-Welcome-Sig
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum